PCSK9: It has LDL receptors in a serious bind1
THE DYSLIPIDEMIA DILEMMA
What Is PCSK9?
PCSK9 is a protein that plays a critical role in the modulation of LDL-C levels.2DISCOVER PCSK9
LDLR Recycling and LDL-C Levels
Recycling of LDLRs enables efficient clearance of plasma LDL particles.3LDLR RECYCLING
Who Is Burdened by High Cholesterol?
Among the 71 million adult Americans with high LDL-C levels, 37 million remain untreated, and 11 million who are treated continue to have uncontrolled LDL-C.4,*†LEARN MORE
LDL = low-density lipoprotein; LDL-C = low-density lipoprotein cholesterol; LDLR = low-density lipoprotein receptor; PCSK9 = proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9; M = million.
*Based on the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), 2005-2008.
- Lambert G, Sjouke B, Choque B, et al. J Lipid Res. 2012;53:2515-2524.
- Horton JD, Cohen JC, Hobbs HH. J Lipid Res. 2009;50(suppl):S172-S177.
- Goldstein JL, Brown MS. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:431-438.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. MMWR. 2011;60:109-114.
- Qian Y-W, Schmidt RJ, Zhang Y, et al. J Lipid Res. 2007;48:1488-1498.